KidWalk enables children to be participants in their world, not as observers, thru hands free, self-initiated exploration. Independent, self-initiated movement is the key to developing cognitive, language and motor skills, learning spatial relationships, and exploring the world. Walking is one of the most complex skills to master but also one of the most valuable activities for the physical and emotional development of children. KidWalk supports these vital steps in early childhood development by allowing a child with limited mobility to experience independent hands-free exploration.
- Dynamic movement- the entire support system moves up and down, side to side, and rotational
- Pelvic support is adjustable in all three planes
- System dials in to maximize Pelvic symmetry
- Many adjustments can be made with child in KidWalk
- Mid-wheel location for better control and smaller turning radius
- Available in three sizes
- Less effort to initiate and sustain movement=less fatigue and more productive sessions
- The front is open and allows access to surfaces and friends
- Can accommodate other headrests e.g. Hawk, i2i, etc.
Pelvis Center of the universe with the KidWalk
All good positioning starts with a Symmetrical pelvis! KidWalk’s pelvis positioning system ensures maximum possible symmetry and is adjustable in all three planes width, depth and rotation.
The features are:
An open front design and hands free positioning enables closeness to objects and people.
KidWalk promotes access and exploration for development.
The swivel trunk and pelvic support system moves with the child’s up and down and side to side motion (especially helpful for children w/dystonia and hypotonia)
Assisting the child in achieving a natural walking pattern.
KidWalk aids in activating intrinsic movements of the feet allowing standing and weight shift in all directions.
Encouraging balance, strength and dynamic weight bearing.
KidWalk overcomes movement limitations found in other gait trainers.
Extending therapy, play and activity time.
- Auto centering pelvic guides
- Lateral weight shift
- Vertical weight relief with adjustable load compensating spring assembly
- Angle adjustable mast
- Wheel locks
- Quick release wheels
- Padded seat
- Adjustable axle position
- Light up rear casters
- Two-piece frame for easy transport
- Frame Colors: Candy Blue, Candy Purple, Candy Red, Shocker Green, Neon Pink, Neon Orange, Raspberry, Black, White
Custom Needs: Prime Engineering’s products have been designed with the flexibility to meet most clients’ needs within their standard features and options. If you have special needs, questions, or any other item that we may assist you with, our engineering department and standing and positioning specialists will be happy to answer your question or assist you with the design and fabrication of a unit to meet your needs.
Upper Body Support Options
- Lateral Chest System: Includes lateral side supports, swingaway anterior support pads and lumbar support pad
- Upper Body Soft Support Wrap: For the client that needs minimal upper body support
- Seat Belt: Velcro D-ring belt
- Standard Headpad (3” x 4” flat headpad)
- Contoured Small Headrest (4” x 6” — includes mount)
- Contoured Medium Headrest (5” x 8” — includes mount)
- 1/2 Square Tube Mount (For use with OEM headrests)
- i2i Flip Down Headrest Mount
- Specific Headrest Adapter
Lower Extremity Positioning Options
- Extended Hip Pads: Standard on 5” – 7” depth
- Dynamic Leg Wraps: Assist in supplying feedback to the client while encouraging movement in the lower extremities
- Wide Seat: 3” – 8” Large padded seat
- Extended Seats: Longer sides assist in controlling adduction and scissoring. Specify length of sides of sides below
- Leg Straps: Restricts movement of the lower extremities – requires 6” or 8” extended seat
- Additional Standard Seat: When ordered with unit
- Cruiser Wheels: Not for use on KidWalk II — allows use as an omni directional walker for clients up to 40” tall
- Non-lighted Caster Wheels
- Sliding Ankle Prompts: Straps hold ankles to help keep the client’s feet from crossing
- Directional Locks: Locks out caster swivel
- Anti-Rollback Devices
- 20” Spoke Wheels (KidWalk only)
- 24” Spoke Wheels (KidWalk II only)
- Spoke Protectors 20”
- Spoke Protectors 24”
|Categories||Ei KidWalk||KidWalk||KidWalk II|
|Max User Weight||65 lbs||65 lbs||90 lbs|
|Seat Height (inseam)||8.5″ – 18″||11″ – 22″||15″ – 28″|